Friday, February 5, 2010

Should i get a acrylic full set after all my nails broke ,or should i wait?

i had a full set for the last 5 moth and only used to fill in every 2-3 week.This time all my nails broke ,some of them with my help,so now my real nail is really short and thin.i did put some nail polish on to protect them .


should i go today and get a new full set or should i wait a few weeks so my nail regenerates?


Should i get a acrylic full set after all my nails broke ,or should i wait?
give yourself some time.





in the meantime, get some ridge filler to apply to your nails before putting on polish. I found that it works well.





I removed my acrylic nails about a month ago, after doing without a fill for about a month (this made the lower part of my nail pretty healthy, since it wasn't scarred from being ground down to apply the acrylics).





Best thing I've found to do is use a nail file to smooth the top of the nail (go from cuticule to nail tip, one direction only), buff with a chamois buffing tool (Revlon makes them), then apply one or two coats of ridge filler (let your nails dry well between coats).





I top the ridge filler with a coat or two of clear polish, then a couple of coats of color, and finally, another coat or two of clear.





I know that sounds like a lot of coats on your nails, but your nails are thin and weakened where they have had the acrylics attached, so the extra coats of polish and so forth help build some strength into the nail.





You can also add a bit of clear polish under the nail tip for added strength as your nails grow out.Should i get a acrylic full set after all my nails broke ,or should i wait?
that's happened to me before, except i had mine for probably like almost a year. Everytime i broke one and my nail underneath was really thin, I didnt wait I just went back to get them to fix it. The thing is, when i finally took the acrylic off for good it took probably like 2 0r 3 months for my nails to get back to normal. If u want to keep getting your nails done, it wouldn't make a difference to wait. The only reason i stopped was because I couldnt afford it anymore. lol
You should wait until your real nails grow out (when the shaved part grows off) and then get a new set. Your nails need to rest first.
getting your nails done like that is so unhealthy for your nails thats why they are thinning
  • hair highlights
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment